CHECKLIST: providing the best experience for guests
Providing guests a great experience is super important for being successful as a host. There are a few reasons for this:
- Repeat guests: for our most successful hosts, 2/3 of their visits are from repeat guests. Give guests a great experience so that they will come back. Additionally, having more repeat guests will boost your spot in our search ranking, bringing you more new guests.
- Word of mouth: many of the new guests that hosts get come from word of mouth from past guests. If guests have a great time, they will tell their friends.
- Reviews: outstanding reviews are one of the bigggest factors in new guests choosing to visit a spot. Guests that have great experience write great reviews.
Below we provide you a checklist of things you can do to provide a great experience for guests:
1. Make sure your spot is safe: our guests use Sniffspot for a safe and worry-free time with their dog. Safety is the first commitment on our host standards. Here are some ways to make your spot safe:
- ALWAYS make sure your dog(s) are not visible or audible from the spot if possible. Visible or audible dogs can be a distraction to guest dogs and detract from their experience.
- Make sure to never enter a spot during a visit or approach guest dogs without confirming it in advance with the guest. Read more about interacting with guest dogs here.
- Read more about providing a safe spot here.
2. Make sure your spot listing is accurate: check out our guide for making the best spot listing
3. Make it easy to access your spot:
- Write clear access instructions for your guest. Learn more here
- Put up signs to make it easy to find your spot. Read how here.
- Think about how you will interact with guests. Read our guide here.
4. Make communication easy:
- Set your spot Booking Preferences to Booking if you can. Guests prefer to not need to wait for confirmation to visit a spot. Learn more here.
- Keep your calendar up to date and accurate
- Respond quickly when contacted. If you get a Request to Book, make sure to accept it quickly. Read more here. If you get a message, try to respond to it quickly.
5. Provide amazing amenities: amenities can make a guest experience magical. Learn more about what amenities to provide.
6. Provide great value: set the right price for your spot
7. Learn from your guests: ask every guest for feedback and a review. You can do this through a message after their visit and by reviewing every visit to your spot. You may learn things that guests love or don't love about their experience that you wouldn't have otherwise known.
8. Learn from other hosts:
- Join our Sniffspot Community group on Facebook to hear from guests and hosts. It's a great place to share ideas and get feedback.
- Check out posts from some of our most successful hosts for how they provide a great experience for her guests
Once you are set up for providing a great experience for hosts, then check out our next articles for success as a host:
Check out our video on providing a great guest experience: