How do I set a price for my spot?
You have complete control over your price for your spot. You can charge for access to your spot in two ways:
- Reservations: guests pay for a specific booking that they make on your calendar. See more detail below.
- Memberships: guests pay monthly for a certain number of visits to your spot. See more detail below.
As hosts are researching the appropriate pricing for their spots, we recommend looking at comparable spots in the area and taking into account all information on pricing below.
Note: all of our prices are in USD and we do not support additional currencies at this time. So if you are an international host, makes sure to keep in mind when you set prices that you are setting them in USD, the prices on your spot will show in USD and your guests will pay in USD. We hope to be able to support additional currencies in the future.
Reservations are where guests pay for a specific booking that they make on your calendar.
Price is set per dog per hour.
Guests can choose how many dogs to include and all dogs after the first dog are 50% off. For instance, if a guest with 1 dog books 1 hour at $10 list price, then they will pay $10. If a guest with 2 dogs books 1 hour at $10 list price, then they will pay $15.
There is no discount on longer bookings. If a guest with 1 dog books 2 hours at $10 list price, then they will pay $20.
You can choose whether you offer additional discounts on bookings for Sniffpass holders. Learn more about Sniffpass here.
You can set your reservation pricing in your host account. Select the spot edit page from the main menu and open "Pricing and info".
When a host creates their spot, we set a price by default to $10 per dog per hour. You can set whatever price per dog per hour you would like. A couple things to keep in mind when setting your price:
- Check other popular spots around you to see what people are charging. If possible, it's best to check spots that have recent reviews, because this means they are popular, which means they have set a good price. You can browse local spots here.
- If you are just getting started, we recommend you set a low price to get some reviews, then you can raise it over time as you start getting more guests.
- Getting repeat guests is essential - our most popular hosts get the majority of their earnings through repeat guests - so set a price that someone could afford to pay on a regular basis.
- We provide a recommended price as guidance. This price increases as your spot becomes busier and decreases as your spot becomes less busy. This is just meant to be one data point, so use your judgement when considering this recommended price.
Memberships are where guests pay monthly for a certain number of visits to your spot.
You set a membership price for 2 hours, 4 hours and 8 hours of visits per month.
Guests can choose how many dogs to include and all dogs after the first dog are 50% off. For instance, if a guest with 1 dog buys a 4 hour membership for $40 per month, then they will pay $40. If a guest with 2 dogs buys a 4 hour membership for $40 per month, then they will pay $60.
You can set your membership pricing in your host account. Select Memberships from the main menu and open the settings.
You can learn more about memberships here.