How much does Sniffspot charge?
There is no flat charge to host with Sniffspot. Sniffspot charges a commission on each booking or subscription to cover our costs. The total commission cost to hosts is usually 24.9% plus $0.30 per charge. Here is the breakdown of the charges:
- 22% for Sniffspot operations and marketing (including liability insurance, customer service, web ops, etc.)
- For US-based cards, 2.9% plus $0.30 per charge paid to the payment processor (Stripe) for credit card processing.
There are a few ways that your fees could be different than this, mainly having to do with Stripe fees:
- If a given reservation has multiple charges, the Stripe fee is 2.9% plus $0.30 per charge, so there could be multiple $0.30 charges on a given reservation
- If a guest modifies a reservation such that the total price is lower than the original reservation, Stripe does not refund fees for that difference, so the original Stripe fee based on the higher price will still be charged on the reservation.
- For non-US cards, there could be higher fees. You can see Stripe's full pricing list here.
- If a booking is made entirely using Sniffpass credit, Sniffspot will cover the payment processing charges and there will be no charge to the host.
Here are some simple examples of how our fees work:
- Let's say someone booked your spot for 1 dog and 1 hour and paid $10 total
- The Sniffspot fee would be $2.20 ($10 * 22%)
- The Stripe processing fee would be $0.59 ($10 * 2.9% + $0.30) (assuming it is a US-based card)
- The host net earnings would be $7.21 ($10 - $2.20 - $0.59)
- Let's say someone booked your spot for 2 dogs and 1 hour and paid $15 total
- The Sniffspot fee would be $3.30 ($15 * 22%)
- The Stripe processing fee would be $0.735 ($15 * 2.9% + $0.30) (assuming it is a US-based card)
- The host net earnings would be $10.965 ($15 - $3.30 - $0.735)
Note: all of our prices are in USD and we do not support additional currencies at this time. So if you are an international host, makes sure to keep in mind when you set prices that you are setting them in USD, the prices on your spot will show in USD and your guests will pay in USD. We hope to be able to support additional currencies in the future.
Hosts have complete control over their pricing. You can learn more about how hosts get paid here.
Ready to host? You can learn more and get started here.