What amenities should I provide for guests?
Providing guests amenities is one of the best ways to delight your guests. We took some tips from some of our most popular listings and put together a list.
Don't forget that every sniff spot is different and sometimes the best way to find the right amenities is to ask your guests for feedback. Some of our most popular hosts frequently message guests after they visit to thank guests for visiting and ask guests for ways they can improve.
We recommend that hosts provide these basic amenities to enable guests to have a pleasant visit to their sniff spot:
- Trash can: provide a trash can for guests to throw away their trash
- Chairs: guests appreciate being able to relax while their dogs are playing
- Water: guests appreciate having a bowl of water for their dog.
- Toys: try providing some fun toys for pups to play with
- Signs: guests appreciate having signs telling them where you sniff spot is located, where to park and where to enter the sniff spot.
Above and Beyond
Here are some things that we have seen from host that have elicited delight from their guests and often brought guests back for multiple visits:
- Agility equipment for dogs
- Kiddie pool for dogs
- Treats for dogs
- Lighting for after dark visits
- Poop bags or pooper scooper available
- Providing shade for sun and cover for rain
- If you have a restroom that is easily accessible to the outside, making it available for guest use.
- If you have see-through fencing (e.g. chain link, etc.) between your spot and neighbor/resident dogs, try adding a simple visual barrier to reduce the distraction from those dogs to your guest's dog(s). Here is an example of a simple visual barrier.
Unbelievable amenities some hosts provide:
These amenities are far beyond the norm, but we have seen some of our best hosts providing amenities like this for their guests:
- Portable stereo
- Blue tooth speaker
- Electric outlets
- Coffee or other drinks
- Snacks for the dog parents
- Fire pit for guest use
- Hammocks for guest use
Don't let this list limit you. If you think of something people might like, give it a try and see how people respond!
We hope these can provide some helpful guidelines for you to think about what amenities to provide for your guests!