Safety first! Creating a safe spot
Our guests consistently say the #1 benefit they get from Sniffspot is the safety. Our job together, Sniffspot and our hosts, is to ensure that we are providing the safest space for guests.
Here are the most important ways to provide a safe space for dogs with your spot:
- ALWAYS make sure your dog(s) are not visible or audible from the spot if possible. Visible or audible dogs can be a distraction to guest dogs and detract from their experience. Make it clear in your spot listing that resident dogs will not be audible or visible from spot.
- Make sure to never enter a spot during a visit or approach guest dogs without confirming it in advance with the guest. Read more about interacting with guest dogs here.
- Make sure your listing accurately reflects your spot. Here is our guide for the best spot listing.
- Keep your spot clean and hygienic. Read more here.
- Ensure your spot is free of plants that are poisonous for dogs. See list of poisonous plants here.
- If you have a water feature for dog swimming, make sure to follow our guidelines for keeping dogs safe around water
Ready to host? You can learn more and get started here.