What are the requirements to host?
We have all kinds of spaces listed on Sniffspot, from small patios to school yards to huge farms. Our only requirements / criteria are that:
- The space be private (e.g. you own it or have complete control over who uses the space)
- The guest needs to be able to access the spot without passing through a private residence
- The space needs to be free from hazards (e.g. plants that are poisonous for dog.
- You need to be able to provide a space free of dogs. Many of our hosts own dogs of their own, but our guests expect those dogs to be kept in an area separate from the sniff spot or inside during sniff spot visits unless the host and guest agree to have the dogs meet in advance.
- We don't allow advertising of anything that is illegal, unethical, offensive or dangerous.
We allow you to describe your space and provide photos (see here for how to create great photos) to educate dog owners on the kind of space you are providing. The space does not have to be fenced, but we have a field on our listings that tells dog owners whether the space is fully fenced, partially fenced or not fenced.
This is the full list of required information for sniff spots:
- Title of sniff spot
- Area of sniff spot (unit is acres, use a decimal if less than one acre)
- Enclosure (fenced, partially fenced or unfenced)
- Whether their are dogs, other domestic animals or people
- 4 high quality photos of the sniff spot (see here for how to create great photos)
- Exact address
- About the host
- Phone number
- First name
- Last name
Ready to host? You can learn more and get started here.