Sniffspot is a unique community
In a “me first” world, we put dogs first. We love dogs, we have dogs, we try to give dogs as much overflowing joy as they give us. We believe that dogs have inherent worth, and we care deeply about their well-being. As long as we share a place on Earth, we believe dogs have an inherent right to live a fulfilling, joyful and rewarding life.
We believe a more dog-friendly world is a better world. Dogs evolved and were bred in a world where they could run free in fields and forests. Modern society doesn’t carve spaces out for our canine companions and, as a result, dogs in the modern world are having all kinds of problems, like obesity, reactivity, and anxiety. We are coming together to provide safe spaces that allow dogs to let their instincts rise back to the top, to go wild and free, and to just be dogs again. Healing is a beautiful thing to witness.
Our community pillars define what it means to be a part of this community:
- We put dogs first. Be as good to dogs as they are to you!
- We embrace our differences. Dogs are different, people are different, spots are different. Our differences are what make us a great community. We are inclusive of all people and we don’t discriminate against dog breeds. See more in our Inclusion Policy.
- We treat others as we would want to be treated. As hosts we open our backyards and property to share our abundance with others. As guests we are thankful and respectful of our hosts’ property, time, assets, and privacy.
- We give grace. You never know what someone may be going through. Always put yourself in someone’s shoes and ask for clarification before making a judgment. Assume the best intentions.
- If you see something, say something. If you see a problem with a spot or a guest or Sniffspot, let them know or let our support team know and we can help. This is how our community always improves.
As hosts and guests and members of the Sniffspot community, we are all expected to try to live up to these principles and aspirations.
Input from our community went into shaping this document. We expect everyone using Sniffspot to abide by these community guidelines. If you want to change, add or subtract from this list, please feel free to email [email protected] or engage with our community in our Facebook group.