Automatic welcome and thank you messages for first time guests
As a host, it is important to provide a great experience for first time guests, since first time guests are often unfamiliar with the spot and may need some extra hand holding in order to have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Sniffspot offers the ability for hosts to automatically send a drafted message to all first time guests before their first visit (welcome message) and a message to all first time guests after their first visit (thank you message). You can write your own automated welcome and thank you messages for this to include things like:
- a warm welcome
- reminders of Sniffspot's important safety rules for guests:
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the spot. Always keep the leash within easy reach when visiting, in case it is needed.
- Make sure the area is safe and secure before bringing your dog in (NEVER enter a property where there are dogs, other domestic animals or people present)
- Never enter a spot early and never leave late.
- Pick up after your dogs. Leave the spot as it was when you arrived.
- Always review and abide by spot specific rules.
- Unless otherwise specified, there are no restrooms on site
- spot-specific rules
- parking instructions
- any important direction information
- anything else pertinent to a new guest having a great first experience.
These messages will appear in your chat history with the guest just like any other message.
The welcome message is sent to the guest two hours before their visit time. If they book less than two hours before the booking time, the message is sent immediately.
The thank you message is sent to guests 1 hour after the end time of their visit.
Set up auto messages from your chat / message area by clicking the gear icon in the upper right.
You can see the demo for how this works here: