How search ranking works
Spots are ranked in search using the following algorithm:
- Distance - spots closer to the search location rank higher
- Repeat guests - spots with more repeat guests rank higher. This is the most important factor in ranking.
- New spots - new spots with certain attributes that our guests like will rank higher. This boost lasts for 30 days after publishing.
- Photo count - spots with at least 10 photos will rank higher. Spots with 10+ photos earn 10x more than spots with less than 10 photos. This only counts photos uploaded by the host, not photos added by guests. It's easy to get this boost in search, make sure your spot has at least 10 high quality photos!
- Review rating - spots where at least 80% of their reviews are 5 star will rank higher.