CHECKLIST: making the best spot listing
Welcome to our checklist for how to make the best spot listing. Following this guide will help you create a complete, comprehensive and attractive spot listing that will have two important advantages:
- It will attract more new guests to visit your spot
- It will ensure accurate expectations for guests to turn one time guests into regular guests, and get high review ratings
- Attracting more guests and turning those guests into regular guests will enable you to grow your business. Our top spots get most of their visits from repeat guests. Additionally, getting repeat guests will increase your ranking on our search page and you can qualify for the Top Spot badge.
Here are the key things to do to have a great spot listing:
1. Make sure to have a complete and friendly host profile.
2. Provide complete and accurate details on your spot.
- Make sure the size of your spot is correct
- Provide complete fencing information for your spot
- Include a lot of information about Others Audible/Visible From Spot During Visits
- Pro tip: if you have dogs, it is key to keep your dogs non-visible and non-audible from the spot during visits if possible. Visible or audible resident dogs can be a distraction to guest dogs and detract from their experience. You should make it clear in your spot listing that resident dogs will be away from the spot during visits.
- Provide an accurate and exact address for your spot
- Complete the access instructions field with comprehensive information
- Mark which amenities you provide. Amenities are a great way to make your spot stand out to prospective guests.
3. Complete your listing information
4. Add 10+ amazing photos of your spot. Spots with more 4 or more photos get boosted in our search ranking.
- Learn how to make your spot stand out with photos: photo guide.
- How to edit photos on your spot here
5. Update your calendar with your availability and keep it updated
6. Make sure that every guest that visits your spot writes you a review. Learn how here.
7. It's always a good idea to browse other spots around you that have a lot of reviews and see what they are doing with their listings to attract so many guests. It can inspire you! You can browse local spots here.
Once you are set up for providing a great experience for hosts, then check out our next articles for success as a host:
Check out over video on how to create the best spot listing: