Providing fencing information for your spot
Fencing is one of the most important aspects of a spot to guests. Many guests are looking for secure spots that are completely dog proof. Some guests are fine with open spots with no fencing at all.
Here is how to edit / update your fencing details on your spot:
- Go to your host account here
- Select the spot you want to edit from the 'My Spots' option to the right
- Select the Spot details tab
- Fencing details will be below the Size field on that page
You can make sure to provide complete information so guests know what to expect when they visit your spot.
- Enclosure type: we require this for all spots. Make sure to select if your spot is "Fully Fenced", "Partially Fenced" or "Unfenced"
- Fencing details: this text field allows you to more completely describe fencing around your spot so guests can have an idea of what your fencing is like before they come.
- Fence height: we require this for all fully fenced spots. Many fully fenced spots have fencing of various heights, so make sure to select the lowest height of the fence. Some guests have dogs that can jump over fences of certain heights, so they will want a fence of at least a certain height. If your spot is unfenced or partially fenced, select N/A.
- Gaps or holes in fence: this is not required and only available to fully fenced spots. Some hosts have fully fenced spots that have a small gap or a break - you can use this field to provide information about that. Additionally, if your spot is fenced with cattle fencing or some other kind of fencing that a small dog could get through, you can include that information here.
- Fencing types: this provides information about the type of fencing, e.g. chain link, wood privacy, etc. You can select multiple types of fencing and there is an Other option where you can add a new type of fencing. It is available to fully fenced spots.
You can update this information in your host account here.
Also, if your spot is not fully fenced right now, you can learn more about what it would take to add fencing to your spot here.