CHECKLIST: marketing your spot
maiMarketing your spot is key to being successful as a Sniffspot host. There are many easy ways you can spread the word about your spot to local dog parents. Below is a checklist for marketing your spot:
1. First, make sure you are ready for new guests to visit:
- Make sure you have the best listing. Read our guide here.
- Make sure you are set up to provide a great experience to guests to turn new guests into regular guests. Read our guide here.
2. Social media: this is a super easy way to get huge awareness for your new spot.
- Post in local Facebook groups: this is actually the best way to spread the word about your spot, because you can reach people in your community even that you may not know personally. Read more about how to do this here.
- Share on Facebook: post about Sniffspot directly from your Facebook page. Learn more here.
- Join our Sniffspot Community group: engage with our community. Try not to post too often so people aren't overwhelmed, but certainly participate in the community!
- Post on Instagram: Instagram is a perfect platform for Sniffspot, because Instagram is photo-oriented and everyone loves dog photos! Read how to do it here.
- Share on Nextdoor: Nextdoor is perfect for sharing your spot, because it is oriented around locals only, so you can target dog parents that are near enough to your spot to visit. Make a general post about your new sniff spot. Make sure to make it accessible to the public to maximize your reach. You can post every week about your sniff spot. If you can, take photos of your guests using your sniff spot to share.
- Share on Reddit
3. Website: if you have a personal or business website, make sure to link to your spot from your website
4. Flyers: post flyers in key areas around your neighborhood. Read more here.
5. Yard sign: signs are a great way to alert local dog parents of a new spot in their area. Read more here.
6. Craigslist: yes, Craigslist can work well for attracting new guests. Read more here.
7. Email: send an email out to friends. Learn about how to do it here.
8. Local pet services providers: make sure other local pet service providers are aware of your spot. Read more here.
9. Business-card sized handouts: carry business cards with you to hand out to folks. Read more here.
10. Reach out to local media: local newspapers and blogs love to hear about locals with a new side hustle trying to help dogs. Read more here.
11. Promo code: we can give you a custom promo code to offer $5 off to first time Sniffspot visitors. Read more here
For more ideas, we recommend joining our Sniffspot Host Community - which is our host-only community where hosts swap tips and ask questions.
Once you are set up for providing a great experience for hosts, then check out our next articles for success as a host:
Check out a webinar video on from David on marketing your spot: