Can I host if I have dogs?
Short answer: absolutely! Many, if not most, of our hosts have dogs.
If you have dogs and are hosting, be aware that we do require that your spot be free of dogs during guest visits. Many of our guests have dogs that don't like to play with other dogs. So if you are hosting with dogs make sure that they do not enter the spot during Sniffspot visits unless arranged in advance. Feel free to include in your spot detail page that you have a dog that would like playdates and you can also ask guests in advance if they are up for a play date with your pup.
Unless you are able to confirm otherwise, it is expected that you will provide your spot free of dogs during visits. Here are some tips for making sure that your dogs don't enter the spot during visits:
- Make sure all members of your household are aware that you are hosting a Sniffspot and that your dogs should not enter the spot during a visit unless previously arranged with the guest.
- Make sure all members of your household are aware of upcoming Sniffspot visits and hours during which the spot may be in use.
- If there is a door from your house that adjoins the spot, put a sign on the door to remind people that may be letting the dogs out to check if the spot is in use by a guest.
- You can block out times when the yard is not available for Sniffspot visits, so that you and your dogs can have time to enjoy the yard. Learn more about managing your calendar here.
- If your dogs are in your spot before a visit, make sure to bring them inside or to a different area 15 - 30 minutes before the start of a visit. Sometimes guests arrive early for visits.
You can read more about interacting with guest dogs here.