How to get set up with Bill.com
Bill.com is our payment partner that we use for paying our US hosts. With Bill.com you can chose to be paid via check or via direct deposit. Bill.com is free for you to sign up. Here is how you do it:
1. On the first of the month after you receive your first booking you will receive an invite to join Bill.com in your account email. If you don't receive it, check your spam folder. The subject line will be: "Get paid faster by Sniffspot!" Here is what the email looks like:
NOTE: WE HAVE RECEIVED REPORTS OF HOSTS HAVING TROUBLE SETTING UP THEIR BILL.COM ACCOUNTS ON MOBILE; WE RECOMMEND USING A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP WHEN SETTING UP YOUR BILL.COM ACCOUNT IF POSSIBLE.
2. Click the link in the email to start setting up your account. You'll land on a page similar to the one below. Simply create your account and click "Sign up".
3. Select the option that best describes you. Most of our hosts would be best categorized as "Independent Contractors"
4. Once you select this option, Bill.com will ask you for some more information about you. Assuming you selected Independent contractor, make sure that you indicate that your Business Type is Individual and Tax ID Type is Social Security Number. If you are a business, enter your business information. This information is required by regulations. Click Continue.
5. On the final page, you will enter your bank account information. Make sure to double check your account information to ensure our payments to you do not fail.
6. As a final step, check that your bank account is set up and confirmed. You can do this by going to Settings in the upper right corner, then to Bank Accounts. Make sure your bank account is set up and verified. It should look something like the below screen. Once you have this set up, you are all set for payment!
7. No need for further action on your part. We will be notified when your bill.com account is activated and will issue payment to you on our payment schedule (for info on payment schedule, see here). Do not create an invoice, we automatically issue payments to you. You may see Bill.com deposit and remove $0.01 or some amount like this to certify your account - this is separate from payments we make to you.