$2M host liability insurance
Sniffspot provides liability coverage to all Sniffspot hosts at no additional charge.
I cannot emphasize how rare this insurance is - as far as we know, this insurance has never before been issued. We had an insurance company design and issue a new policy type just for our Sniffspot hosts.
Host Protection Insurance provides primary liability coverage for up to $2,000,000 ($1M per occurrence) in the event of a third-party claim of bodily injury (dogs and people) or property damage related to a booked Sniffspot visit.
This policy only applies to the United States of America (including its territories and possessions), Puerto Rico, and Canada. This policy only applies to official Sniffspot bookings that are booked through Sniffspot.
Host Protection Insurance will only act as the primary insurance coverage for incidents related to a booked Sniffspot visit, but it's available to hosts regardless of their other insurance arrangements.
There are limitations to liability coverage of Extras offered. Read more here.
Here are some examples of what Host Protection Insurance covers:
- A guest breaks their ankle after misstepping and brings a claim for the injury against the host.
- A guest is sitting on a bench in your yard. The bench breaks and the guest is injured when they fall. They bring a claim for the injury against the host and the landlord.
- A stick injures a guest’s dog on your property. The guest brings a claim for the injury against the host.
Host Protection Insurance doesn’t cover:
- Hosts that do not meet our hosting requirements
- Intentional acts where liability isn’t the result of an accident.
Host Protection Insurance is active in the United States (including territories and possessions), Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Ready to host? You can learn more and get started here.